There are coaches all over the world who specialize in a variety of areas, ranging from relationships to fitness.
Often people hear a lot about life coaching, however, they don’t really understand what they actually do.
If you’ve had a problem in a certain area of your life you have probably considered a life coach at one point. However maybe you didn’t quite understand what they did and how they could help you.
A life coach is different from a counselor.
While a counselor seeks to bring healing from your past, a life coach starts from where you are, and helps you to reach some of your personal goals in one or more areas of your life.
With this information in mind, how do you know if coaching is right for you?
Below you will find 7 ways to tell if coaching is right for you.
1. You feel stuck or helpless in certain areas of your life.
2. You wish you had someone to walk alongside you to help you reach your goals.
3. You’ve shared your goals and concerns with others and they have either laughed, changed the subject, or dismissed your goals as irrelevant.
4. You know you were created for something better than where you are right now.
5. You are willing to be held accountable by someone else who can help you to reach your goals.
6. You are willing to change and grow even if it becomes challenging.
7. You want to change the path you are on and want to create a solid, strategic plan with attainable goals.
If you have some areas where you need growth and want to change, consider life coaching.
While it’s not for everyone, a good coach can help you to get unstuck by walking alongside you and holding you accountable as you reach your goals. He/she can also help you to create strategic goals to help you improve one or more areas of your life.